Monday, January 16, 2017

New House Update #7

In mid-December, floors were installed. All of the downstairs is hardwood, except for the bathroom. We chose a dark hardwood floor, as I wanted to pull from the mocha glaze on the doors of the kitchen cabinets to tie it all together. We chose this tan carpet for the stairs and entire upstairs of the home (minus bathrooms and laundry room). At this point, all hardwood floors are covered and protected by cardboard and the carpet has plastic over it.


Light fixtures were also installed. Most lights are a standard light with a bronze finish, and all bedrooms and the living room have ceiling fans. Doorknobs also have a bronze finish to match the light fixtures. The foyer and stairs lights were the hardest to choose, but these are what I decided on. Left is the largest light fixture over the foyer and on the right is the light fixture over the stairs. 


We were happy to finally see our tile installed! The shower is looking more like a shower now.


The tile around the soaker tub was almost finished.


The tile backsplash has also been installed in the kitchen. I think it turned out beautifully. If you can't tell by now, I really love earth tones. I suppose I'm plain that way, but I like what I like. I may paint the dining room a fun color, but don't hold me to it.


As you can see, some of the appliances have arrived. Microwave and dishwashers are installed but we are still waiting on the stove.


Bedrooms and homeschool room still exist, but they are mostly finished so I have not had a need to take pictures of them to record progress made. Closing is still set for mid-January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...