Monday, April 17, 2017

Homemaker's Journal: Monday, April 17, 2017

Spring is in full swing around here. We were able to spend a relaxing Easter with my parents. I feel somewhat refreshed after a two and a half month break from the blog. We moved into a new house at the beginning of February and I've come to terms with the fact that we won't be completely settled for quite a while.


THE WEATHER THIS WEEK...


Current temperature is 65 degrees and we may experience thunderstorms later this evening ans through the night. Temperatures this week are warm, with highs in the mid-80s. There may be more thunderstorms on Friday.


AROUND THE HOME...


The house is more messy than I would like. Easter festivities took over and did not get picked up before bed last night. Today I will need to pack up the Easter decorations and do something with all of the goodies from the Easter Bunny and my parents.


AGENDA FOR TODAY...


Aside from Easter clean-up, I need to tidy up our homeschool room in anticipation for new desks later in the week. I'll be doing this while I homeschool my second grader.

I'm hoping to plant the rest of our vegetable garden this afternoon. One half of our garden is beautiful soil, the other half is clay. It's back breaking work to build rows for vegetables in clay soil, but I've read that vegetables such as green beans and lettuce thrive in it, and that planting carrots and potatoes will do a great job at breaking it up.

I also need to make a trip to a sports equipment store to buy George his own helmet for t-ball, because head lice is not an option.

A PEEK INTO MY WEEKEND...




Last week, the kids and I began ripping up our front landscaping. I did not like what the builder put in and half of it was already dying (what can you expect when you plant shrubs in January?). We purchased plants that we like on Thursday and got to work. We ran into a small problem when we uncovered a pipe that was hidden under the landscape paper the builder put down. The copper ring was not clamped on it properly and it was leaking. The ground was very moist and as we uncovered it further to get a better look, the volume of water increased. The plumber came over and fixed it right away, at no charge to us. We took Friday off from landscaping to allow the ground to dry, and finished our landscaping project on Saturday. Liam helped to water the flowers, the grass, and the sidewalk. 


A FAVORITE QUOTE FOR TODAY...


"He is not here: for he is risen."
—Matthew 28:6


ON THE MENU...


I've been a slacker on meal planning since it has been just the kids and I. With tax season about to end, I'll be able to get back into things. My goal is to have a plan for May. Until then, we'll play it by ear.

Sunday: Leftovers
Monday: Pasta alla Norma with Ricotta
Tuesday: Macaroni and Cheese, Baked Beans
Wednesday: TBD
Thursday: TBD
Friday: TBD
Saturday: TBD

I AM READING...


        


PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK...


While Bridget is off for the week from dance due to the public school systems spring break, George is starting t-ball and will be having two practices this week. After Tuesday, my husband will be around again to help with the children. We're also planning a trip to the "big city" to pick up our homeschool furniture.


LINKING UP WITH...


  

12 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy to see you posting again and congrats on finally being able to move in to your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a long journey, but we're happy to finally be moved in!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have done a lot of work with gardening and landscaping. It will be nice to have fresh produce during the summer. There's nothing like vegetables you grow yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are looking forward to it. The children are especially excited about watching everything grow!

      Delete
  3. Your son looks like he is having a great time watering everything. I'm hoping our week will finally be dry enough and we won't be so busy to actually do some landscaping and planting around here as well. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure did! He waited all day to be able to play with the water hose. I hope you're also able to get your garden planted soon!

      Delete
  4. I thought for sure the sentence would read, Liam helped to water the flowers, the grass, and the sidewalk...and his brother and sister, and me, and the cars, etc., etc. Beware of a small child with hose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He nearly got me with the water hose a couple of times! Fortunately his big brother and sister were playing in the backyard. If they hadn't been, I have no doubt that they would have been at his mercy.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back to blog land, and congrats on your home. Sounds like you have been very busy. I'm sure all that hard work is going to pay off especially with your garden. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to take a break every now and then, but it's also nice to come back.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are settling in the new spot. Hope you have a great furniture pickup trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your home, so glad you're able to move in :)

    Love the pic of your little helper, he is adorable. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...