Friday, March 18, 2016

Week in Review 2016: #11

Life

We are officially on the home stretch! Tax season will end in just one more month, and then I get my husband back! It's tough at times but once he is home more we are able to take advantage of it and go on vacations enjoy our time together as a family.

It has been crazy hot this week; it is hard to believe it is still winter. The children and I have been able to play outside a few times. I love that they get to be outdoors and not have to bundle up, but I really dread having to bathe them every night. George has been giving himself dirt baths, and now Liam is doing the same, rubbing dirt up and down his arms. Boys.

It is supposed to cool off this weekend. Only two more days 'til springtime.

We had a fun St. Patrick's Day yesterday. I made Irish Vegetable-Barley Soup, Colcannon, Irish Soda Bread, and Apple-Barley Pudding. I was unable to get a picture of all three children wearing their green, because they are ages 6, 4, and 1, and make pictures together near impossible. But I did get one of my dad feeding Liam his dessert. He had three bowls of apple-barley pudding, which I didn't mind because it is actually pretty healthy.



Homeschool

We're focusing on reading again, which means that other subjects such as history and science fall to the wayside. The reason this time is that Bridget is nearing the jumping-off point of becoming an independent reader. She has been picking up a few different books and actually reading them. I wanted to take the extra time to help her while she wants to read. I don't know how long this window will stay open and I needed to take advantage of it.

With wanting to read also comes the desire to spell. With Bridget, they usually go hand-in-hand. The only thing she does not want to do is to write. She used to be really good at it, but now her writing has become sloppy. 

Linking up to:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...