Friday, April 1, 2016

Week in Review 2016: #12 and #13

Life

The children had a special moment with Daddy one Sunday evening before bed. He often reads Bridget and George a bedtime story in their room, but Liam is finally old enough to sit still and not play with the book too much while it's being read. Daddy has only been home at bedtime on the weekends, which made this moment that much more special. We look forward to having him back home with us again after the 15th.


The weather was beautiful again this week. The children have spent a lot of time playing outside. Sometimes with me, but most times with Papa so that I can get some things done around the house. One evening as we were getting ready for bed, George informed me that his feet were dirty and needed to be washed. I told him that I would wash his feet for him in the tub after I got Liam in his pajamas. George didn't feel like waiting and I walked into the bathroom to find him like this. He is quite the little problem solver.

He ran the warm water in the bathroom sink, and once it was filled enough he sat there soaking his feet. He was too cute not to get the camera to take a picture.



I do love that he is very independent and can take care of himself, but there are also many other times that he runs off and does something dangerous that he thinks he is old enough to do but he's not. This darling boy stresses his momma out!

We also had an enjoyable Easter holiday last weekend, which you can read more about here.

Homeschool

I am in a homeschool mom funk, which I have read is quite normal at this time of the school year. Bridget has been doing her basic studies but we have not done any fun projects lately. I feel like I don't have the time or energy to put something together for her. The good news is that she has not complained about it. She does the work then goes off to play.

Perhaps my lack of time and energy has to do with the fact that I have been spending a lot of time planning for next school year (curriculum has been purchased and lessons are being planned) and I have been attempting to become better organized for next year so that I am not printing off worksheets five minutes before Bridget is working on them. 

Linking up with:



2 comments:

  1. Homeschooling evolves for us every 6 to 9 weeks. We have lull's but let me tell you - it's that way in traditional school parenting also. So hang in there. I'm visiting from Weekly wrap up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG adorable, my boy can spend hours by the wash basin washing, pouring, soaking... !

    Very Interesting! Would love to see your posts in the Practical Mondays Link Up:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...