Friday, March 11, 2016

Week in Review 2016: #10

Life

How do the weeks go by so fast? This week was an unusually warm and very busy one. Temperatures have been in the upper 70's by the afternoon, and today is expected to be in the 80's. It is only the beginning of March! We've been enjoying it. On the first day of warm weather, I tried to get the children to go outside in the backyard to play, but George spotted a few carpenter bees around our garden and decided he was done with the outdoors. I did manage to get him to play in the front yard while I picked up some sticks and other debris from a recent wind storm.

Earlier in the week, I finally created a cornbread recipe I enjoy. I've never been a fan of cornbread, especially when it needs to be slathered in butter just to make it edible.

On Wednesday, Bridget, George, and I all had an appointment with the dentist for a routine cleaning. The kids look forward to going to the dentist. Bridget is finally brave enough to let the hygienist use the mechanical tools to polish her teeth. George has used them in the past, but this time chickened out, so the hygienist used a toothbrush instead. George did not like the fluoride being painted onto his teeth and started to gag, so that was the end for him. Luckily, the hygienist was mostly done anyway.


George also did not care to put the special sunglasses on so he laid like this in the chair with his arm over his eyes throughout the entire cleaning.

I am happy to report that the children's teeth (and mine as well) are perfectly healthy. They ended their visit with their goodie-bags and a rose (our dentists office has a vase of flowers at the check-out desk, mainly for the grown-ups to take, but the children love them as well. Usually they have carnations, but this time they had long-stem roses, so I now have 3 beautiful long-stem roses in a vase in my kitchen.




Liam is too young for a trip to the dentist. However, it did not seem fair to exclude him from the blog post this week. Here he is enjoying his dinner on Monday (mac and cheese, baked beans, and broccoli). All of my children are crazy about broccoli. I steam it long enough to be tender for even little Liam, and they all gobble it up. Liam could not get enough!




Something more adult-related is that I voted this week! Our primary isn't until next Tuesday, but I wanted to avoid any possible long lines and crowds and just get it over with. I spent the time to research each candidate, down to our local district judge. I was most excited on my selection for Superintendent for Public Instruction, as her goal is remove the common core and to bring back Classical education to the classroom. Even though I intend to continue homeschooling (because I enjoy it and it seems to be a good fit for my children), I am so excited that the Classical education model is making a comeback (at least I hope it does!). 

Homeschool 

Nothing too exciting to note for homeschool this week. Some weeks are like that. We just do the work, the reading, and keep going. Bridget still enjoys it, so it's not necessarily a boring week, but just a week that we didn't do any major projects and nothing really stands out.

Linking up to:


1 comment:

  1. I went to the dentist this week as well and the kids go next month.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...