Monday, May 22, 2017

Homemaker's Journal: Monday, May 22, 2017

Dance season is officially over!!!! No more lessons or rehearsals until the fall. We love dance, but the rehearsal and performance schedule at the end of each season wears me out. My dancer slept 'til almost 8 o'clock this morning. I think she's happy to be able to relax again.

T-ball season is still in full swing and we have another game this week. I'm happy that we're not still juggling dance and t-ball together. Having only a game once or twice a week is a nice and welcome change.


THE WEATHER THIS WEEK...


Thunderstorms are in the forecast for this week, finally clearing up on Friday. Temperatures will be in the upper 70's and lower 80's, a welcome change from last weeks scorching upper 90's temperatures.



AROUND THE HOME...

All of the children slept in today and the household seems to be quite lazy. The kitchen needs tidying up (as it always does).



AGENDA FOR TODAY...


During some of our downtime last week, I managed to do quite a bit more de-cluttering in our school room. I love throwing things away, but not the process of having to go through every little thing. My husband has suggested the idea of taking the boxes and plopping them into the trash bin, but I'm not too keen on throwing out all of my children's keepsakes and memories.


A PEEK INTO MY WEEKEND...



The dancer on her Saturday performance of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses".



A FAVORITE QUOTE FOR TODAY...


"Fatigue is the common enemy of us all--so slow down, rest up, replenish, and refill."
—Jeffrey R. Holland


ON THE MENU...


Leftovers, hot dogs and hamburgers, french fries, and whatever else is in the pantry and freezer. I will resume with menu planning in June. For now, I'm going to rest.


I AM READING...


     

        

PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK...


Rest, catch up on school work, and set up second graders first annual standardized test. If the weather clears, we'll work in the garden and finish our backyard landscape border.


LINKING UP WITH...


  

8 comments:

  1. That's an excellent quote. Your daughter looks lovely in her ballet costume. I decluttered a lot of my homeschool files in April. It was such a relief to get rid of things we no longer would use or need. Hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a great feeling to get the homeschool files nice and orderly again.

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoy your downtime! I had trouble forging together a menu plan for this week myself, probably because I didn't have to make myself go to the store last night since the school year is over for us. Love the picture of your daughter. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the school year is over for your family! It must be a relief to be done and to enjoy the summer. We're still in session and recently moved into a new house and are still trying to put our school room together. A never-ending task. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. These days I believe summers are for moms to get a break from their chauffeuring schedule of kids events. Glad you get to relax a little bit and what a perfect quote for you today.

    We still have a couple boxes of the kids things, but eventually we weeded out most of it and are saving the best for them as adults.

    Adorable picture - with that background it would look extremely southern in black and white.

    Have a great quiet week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to go through and keep only my favorites or most meaningful pieces from the children, but I still end up keeping more than I should.

      The background is of a university in our town and the building dates only to 1927, but it does portray lovely southern architecture. Thank you for your comments!

      Delete
  4. Life is busy for a mom of 3! A bit of rest is well earned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is! A busy life, but a fulfilling and joyful one.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...