Monday, November 21, 2016

Thanksgiving Menu {52 Lists}



We are happy to be having a very quiet Thanksgiving this year. It will be the last holiday we spend in our current home, the home we have had for the past 9 years, and the only home our children have ever known.

I plan to have the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on the television, as I usually do when I am in the kitchen cooking. It helps to keep the children occupied.

Our menu is small and simple this year:

Gardein Turk'y Cutlets
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potatoes
Jellied Cranberry Sauce
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie (which I will be sharing with my dad)


I also want to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread for breakfast, since it is a special day.


To drink, I haven't decided between sparkling cider or apple cider. My children and husband do not drink carbonated beverages (and I very seldom do, unless I am sick), but I do like sparkling cider on special occasions.


My goal lately has been to simplify holidays meals in order to spend more quality time with my family. Many of the menu items above are either pre-made or easily put together (instant mashed potatoes, unless my husband feels like making the mashed potatoes from scratch this year). The desserts I will make the day before and try not to eat before Thanksgiving dinner. I also purchased Thanksgiving-themed paper plates and napkins to make things more festive for the children. I am hoping that it will end up being a wonderful holiday for my little family.


Linking Up With:




4 comments:

  1. Love your traditions for Thanksgiving and I'm glad you get to enjoy one last one in your old house. Hope you guys have a memorable day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful. I look forward to watching the parade as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching the parade! I usually make the boys and my husband peel the potatoes because I'd be perfectly happy with the red skinned potatoes, mashed with skin on but they insist that they have to be "regular" potatoes. I don't enjoy peeling and I don't want to spend ALL day in the kitchen. I try to prep as much as I can the day before and we have simplified meals a lot over the years. Enjoy your last Thanksgiving in your old home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I hope you have a simple, relaxed Thanksgiving before your big move. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...