Friday, February 19, 2016

Week in Review 2016: #7

Life

The children were able to see Daddy a lot more this week. It was Parent's Week for Bridget's dance classes, so he was able to make it to those and I brought the boys with me so that they could get some time in with him and so that the boys could also watch Bridget dance.

Today, my mother-in-law spent the day with us. We went to the library, which is an outing the children always seem to enjoy. I was able to get a good selection of books for science and the children and Grandma picked out a good amount of fun books to read. After the library, we met Daddy at our favorite Thai restaurant for lunch.

Other than those happenings, our week was pretty uneventful. Oh wait....

Last Saturday, Bridget lost her second tooth!!!! You'll have to excuse the tiny bit of blood in her mouth. I literally took the picture seconds after the tooth came out. That night, she put it under her pillow and the Tooth Fairy left her a dollar.


This second experience was very different for me because Bridget's permanent tooth had just broken through behind her baby tooth a day or two before her baby tooth came out. I had never seen such a thing, but later learned that it's called a "shark tooth" and that they're quite common (occurring in 1 out of 10 children). A week later, it does seem as though her tongue has pushed her permanent tooth forward a bit, or perhaps I am only imagining it. Here is what it looked like before the baby tooth came out.


Homeschool 

We are really enjoying science right now and have been spending a little more time on that.

We have been reading Little House in the Big Woods every night after Liam goes to sleep. The kids look forward to it. We're almost done and that makes us sad, but I already have a few more read-alouds lined up.

I am also transitioning to a no-school-on-Friday schedule. I needed to have some wiggle room when it comes to make-up days, doctors appointments, and field trips, without entirely giving up our Saturdays. So far it is working and I have already begun planning next years school schedule (second grade is coming sooner than we think!) using a 4-day a week schedule. I'm liking it, as it will give us Fridays for field trips and Daddy time (my husband has off or only works half a day once tax season is over and we like to make the most of it).

Linking up to:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...