Friday, February 12, 2016

Week in Review 2016: #5 and #6

Life

I dropped the ball last week and did not feeling like blogging. My husband is working 60 hours a week and it has been just me Monday-Saturday taking care of the children and the house. It's rough, but I'm still here, though some days just barely.

It has been another special week for George. This week (February 7th-14th) is Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week. You can click the link to read about George's journey. Thinking about everything he went through brings up a lot of memories and emotions and I cannot help but hold him a little bit tighter and for a bit longer each day. Also in George news, he had his 4-year check-up on Tuesday. He is a whopping 38 pounds, closing the gap on his 46 pound big sister. This lands him in the 70th percentile for weight. For height, he is in the 78th percentile. He's going to be a big one like his daddy! At the end of his visit, he got four shots. I ended up taking him back to the doctor today because he seems to be having a reaction to one of the vaccines (most likely DTap). On Thursday, I drew a line around the affected area to see if it was still growing and sure enough it was. There is no red line though and nothing to indicate cellulitis, so the doctor thinks it should be mostly gone by Monday. We will of course be keeping a close eye on it all weekend.

It finally snowed this afternoon. There have been a few flakes falling here and there over the past month but nothing that stuck. The children were of course excited. I did not want to go out in the snow because I was cold enough being inside. But the children wanted to go out so we did.

There was not enough snow for a big snowman so Bridget made a baby snow man with the snow that had collected on the patio table.


I wanted a picture of all three of them together. This was the best they could do.


It was no easy task getting a picture of George. He was all over the place, throwing snow balls and hitting snow off of the swing set. I was happy to end up with this one. I think he was getting ready to throw a snowball at me. 


This was the first year that Liam got to walk around in the snow. At first, he just stood there taking it all in. He didn't know what it was and he was unsure about moving. He finally did some walking and tried to pick up the snow but was unsuccessful with those huge gloves on. 


Bridget making a snow angel. The snow really wasn't deep enough to make a good one.


I got to be in a picture too. I am glad I invested in a pair of ski pants 7 years ago for that one time I went skiing. They have come in handy over the years. I kept my warm pajama pants on underneath. It is the only way I could tolerate being out there. 


Homeschool 

This past week has been a catch-up week. We've focused a lot on science and even did a scientific demonstration on camouflage that I had wanted to do when we first covered it but never got around to it in the beginning of the school year. Bridget did not mind going over what we had already learned. She loves any sort of experiment or activity to break up the usual school work.

Linking up to:


1 comment:

  1. What darling children you have! My kids always laugh at me because I wear my husband's ski pants when we head outside (we live in New England; you would think I might own my own pair!) but it is the only way I can tolerate the cold. That and knowing the fireplace and hot cocoa are waiting for me when we head back inside.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...