Monday, September 19, 2016

Homemaker's Journal: Monday, September 19, 2016

It has been awhile since I started the week off with a journal post, and I remember how it motivated me on the first day of the week, when I needed it most. It surprisingly kept me on task!


THE WEATHER THIS WEEK...

Current temperature is 84 degrees and the skies are cloudy. We experienced a small rainstorm mid-morning. Temperatures for the week will remain in the upper 70's and lower 80's with the highest temperature expected to be 85 on Friday. It is so nice to feel the cooler temperatures as we head into fall. Scattered thunderstorms are also expected every day this week. Grass and ragweed pollen is expected to be moderate, though my allergies seem to be more affected by tree pollen.


AROUND THE HOME...

The kitchen counter is covered in dishes, but the rest of the house is clean and tidy. The children are finishing their lunch and the littlest one will soon be getting ready for his nap. 


AGENDA FOR TODAY...

We are beginning week 7 of our homeschool year. Last week was our week off and it is time to get back to work. We have already worked on handwriting, grammar, and science and will be covering history and geography during little brother's nap. I happened to misplace Bridget's math worksheets and test that she needed to complete this week. I'm trying not to be too aggravated about it, but it doesn't look like we will be doing math today.


A PEEK INTO MY WEEKEND...



A FAVORITE QUOTE FOR TODAY...


"No matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish. There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it."


--Dieter F. Uchtdorf


ON THE MENU...

Sunday: Salad
Monday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
Tuesday: Turk'y Cutlets, Mashed Poatoes, Gravy, Green Beans
Wednesday: Chili w/ Cornbread
Thursday: TBD
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: TBD

I AM READING...




PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK...

Maintain sanity. We have an onsite meeting with the builder on Friday. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Love this little peek into your world. Also, good luck staying sane in the midst of all going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it! I have found that even if no one were to read it, at least it is out there to make me feel more accountable with my weekly plans.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...