Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Moving Forward into 2016

This week has been a week of closing chapters and saying goodbyes. I'll begin with the goodbyes.

My husband and I were able to help send off a wonderful family of 11 (!!!) that we have gotten to know over the past 8 years. They have certainly been an example to me with their faithfulness, kindness, and generosity. Their move was bittersweet. Of course we were sad to see them go, but we are so happy that they have received an answer to their prayers and will begin a new chapter of their lives. Thank goodness for modern technology allowing us to stay connected.

The rest of the week was mostly uneventful for us. It has been rather wet outside, though the weather has been warm. I am hoping that over the weekend, the sun will be shining and I will have a chance to rake up the leaves in our backyard.

The children had some changes this week that will continue to take place through  the new year. One of the biggest changes will be to this guy here. He will finally be moving out of the nursery at church and into the larger primary with the "big kids".


Our church moves the children up to the next class at the beginning of each year and it is done by the year you were born. Because George is a January baby, he did not get to move up to the primary last year and instead had to remain in the nursery. He is one of the biggest kids in there, but I know he has enjoyed every minute of it. He was asked to bring a snack for their last Sunday together and he wanted to bring homemade peanut butter cookies.

I know that the transition from nursery to primary may come with an adjustment period for him, or he may surprise us and dive right in. I do know for certain that his new teachers are wonderful women. I look forward to hearing about all of the fun he will be having in his big kid Sunday school class.

This not-so-little girl will also be moving up to the 6-year-old class. It is not as big of a transition as what George has, but she will be getting a new teacher and the children in her class may change some. Currently, they have combined the 5 and 6 year olds, but they may change this and the classmates she knows could move up to the 7 year old class and may no longer be with her. We'll just have to see.



This baby boy here does not get a major change in his life until the end of January when he turns 18 months old and joins the nursery at church. I am anxious to see how that will turn out. When Bridget was that age, she screamed every Sunday for what seemed like months every time I attempted to leave her in there. George on the other hand walked right in and didn't look back. I am hoping that Liam will do the same.



I also have a few changes of my own that will be taking place in the new year. I have goals that I have set for myself. Many of them will help me when my life will change drastically in mid-January when my husband's busy season begins and I will be doing this parenting thing primarily on my own. Last year things ran so smoothly as I had the children on an excellent bedtime schedule that made the rest of their day easy for me. After my husband's busy season ended, the routine eventually stopped being followed. This year, my goal is to keep it going. 

My biggest goal, however, has to do with making goals. I will not necessarily be starting all of my goals on January 1st. I plan to implement them gradually so that I don't get burned out trying to stay on top of things. I also plan to list my goals here soon so that hopefully I can be more accountable for them. 

I am certainly ready for a fresh new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...