Saturday, October 10, 2015

Meal Plan: Week 41

After a bit of inspiration/motivation, I knew that my family's meal plan needed a major overhaul. After a summer of being lazy when it comes to preparing healthy foods (and relying a bit too much on processed foods) for my family, and not feeling the best that I know I should feel, it is time to get back to basics.

Last winter and spring, I had an excellent meal plan that incorporated a lot of fresh seasonal vegetables that the kids would try and actually enjoy. Even George (my most picky eater) was eating squash, peas, and most other vegetables I prepared (it was all in how and when they were served). I will be incorporating the same meal plan anatomy that I used then. I'm confident that it will get us all back on track!



Here are this weeks afternoon snack and dinner plans:

SUNDAY
Snack
none--late lunch

Dinner
Veggie Starter: Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Main Course: Creamy Pumpkin Penne w/ Crispy Sage

MONDAY
Snack
No-Bake Cookies

Dinner
Veggie Starter: Stuffed Mushrooms
Main Course: Tuscan Bean Soup w/ Bread

TUESDAY
Snack
Apples w/ Peanut Butter

Dinner
Veggie Starter: Salsa and Chips
Main Course: Veggie Fajitas, Mexican Rice, Refried Beans

WEDNESDAY
Snack
Phyllo Mushroom Turnovers

Dinner
Veggie Starter: ---
Main Course: Moroccan Lentil Soup

THURSDAY
Snack
Kiwi

Dinner
Veggie Starter: Chinese Green Beans
Main Course: Sesame Tofu, Brown Rice

FRIDAY
Snack
Chocolate-Dipped Almond Biscotti

Dinner
Veggie Starter: Bruschetta and Flatbread
Main Course: Spaghetti Squash w/ Pesto, Tomatoes, and Toasted Pine Nuts

SATURDAY
Snack
Grapes

Dinner
Eating Out!


Recipes for the meals above will be provided in later posts.

Linking up with:

http://orgjunkie.com/2015/10/menu-plan-monday-oct-1215.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...