Sunday, January 25, 2015

George's First Haircut

On December 21, 2014, I finally decided to give George his first haircut. In fact, it was the very first haircut of any of my children. So it was a big deal. I wanted to be ready before I cut off his precious baby curls. I knew the moment I cut them off, he would turn from 'Baby George' to 'Little Boy George'. December 21st was the day. I had to go ahead and do it before I changed my mind.
 
 
I knew I wanted to keep his hair somewhat long. So I started with the scissors. While George was very cooperative and excited about getting a haircut, he's still a wiggly 2-year-old. I gave up on the scissors and my husband got out the clippers.
 
 
All smiles and he hadn't even looked in the mirror yet:
 
 


George has since had another haircut, this time going all around with the clippers rather than leaving the top longer. It's much easier this way especially since boys have much more frequent haircuts. He sometimes misses mommy brushing his hair. Occasionally he'll bring me the hairbrush and ask me to brush his hair, and sits there like he's getting a massage. It's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...