Friday, June 27, 2014

Weekly Menu for 6/28 - 7/4

I am looking forward to this weeks menu, as this week includes a holiday and I love holiday meals! It means I get to "pig out" and eat desserts and let the kids eat whatever they want (for the most part... they will still need to eat something descent before they get dessert, as I don't want to deal with tummy aches later). Most of the week is pretty easy as far as meals go, because I'm hoping that "nesting" will kick in and I'll be busy preparing for baby.

Reminder: I start my menu planning for Saturday since that is the day I do my grocery shopping.

Our menu this week is as follows:

Saturday
Breakfast: Cream of Wheat w/ Agave and Strawberries
Lunch: Leftovers or Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Snack: Popcorn
 
Sunday
Breakfast: Chocolate Chip Waffles
Lunch: (late breakfast, snacks or leftovers for lunch before church)
Snack: ----
Dinner: Boca Vegan Chik'n Patties
 
Monday
Breakfast: Cereal & Fruit
Lunch: Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich
Snack: Teddy Grahams
Dinner: Baked Penne w/ Vegan Italian Sausage 
 
Tuesday
Breakfast: Cinnamon Sugar Toast 
Lunch: Veggie Strips (Vegan Chik'n Fingers) w/ Tater Tots
Snack: Pears
Dinner: Veggie Fajitas, Rice, Refried Beans
 
Wednesday
Lunch: Tofurkey "Turkey" Sandwich
Snack: Apples &  Peanut Butter
Dinner: Sweet & Sour "Meatballs" w/ Veggie Lo Mein 
 
Thursday
Breakfast: Biscuits and Gimme Lean Sausage
Lunch: Peanut Butter & Crackers, Raisins
Snack: Applesauce or Fruit Cocktail
Dinner: Homemade Pizza
 
Friday
Vegan Fourth of July Feast
 
 
While the meals are pretty easy, I'm not looking forward to this weeks grocery bill! Because I'm getting so close to my due date with Baby #3, I'll be doubling up on some of the recipes so that I can freeze them for later. Definitely want to make sure my kiddos are fed while I'm in the hospital and I really don't want to be busy in the kitchen when I get home (or running out to the grocery store).
 
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...