Friday, November 20, 2015

Week in Review 2015: #46

Life

We've had a good week. The kids are always a lot of fun and I think often of how fortunate I am to be able to stay at home with them. Liam is becoming less of a baby and more of one of the kiddos. He is so funny and wants to do everything his big brother and sister do. I tried to get a picture of just the two boys together, but neither of them would look at the camera at the same time. I look forward to getting more "brothers" pictures in the future.


We had a cozy, rainy day this week. I let the children stay in their pajamas and we enjoyed the rainy day. We had grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and I guess the rainy weather got to Liam because he passed out mid-lunch! I was able to take him out of his high chair, clean him up, change his diaper, and put him in his crib for the rest of his nap.
 
 
While Liam slept, Bridget and George enjoyed one of my favorite movies, The Sound of Music. They have seen it before and I hope that one day it becomes one of their favorites as well.
 
The very next day after the storm was beautiful and sunny. We joined my dad down at "the farm" to rake leaves. This is by far my favorite yard chore. We took the kids rakes too and they helped quite a bit. Even Liam got in on the action. By the time we were done, we had one very large pile of leaves. All of the leaves in the pile are just from the path in the picture. That equates to about 1/20th of the farm, if even that. We are no where near being done with the raking.
 
 
After finishing this small area, I ventured off to the scuppernong grape vines at the corner of the farm and started raking around there. The children later joined me. They didn't do too much raking this time but spent most of their time making trails, going through the "tunnel", and building a house out of fallen branches. 
 
 
After this, we went for a drive through what was the woods land and took a short walk to the pond. The trees were recently harvested and so everything looks so bare. I think they plan on replanting at the beginning of next year.



I was surprised to see a color other than brown at this time of year, so I had to take a picture of this:


There were also a lot of varieties of mushrooms around the farm, but this little guy looked perfect. George stepped on it immediately after, so this is more of an in memory of type of picture:


 

Homeschool 

We have not done anything noteworthy this week in school but I am happy to be getting caught up. We're in a good routine now and there is a lot less arguing about doing schoolwork. George  and Liam are also being a little nicer by allowing me to teach Bridget. They still get noisy at time, but I think they understand. It's difficult to balance a school-aged child, an active preschooler, and a toddler all by myself every day of the week, but I love it.

Linking up to:

 
http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/26338-2/ 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...